Within the East Genomics region there are five clinical genetics services which support clinicians ordering genomic tests and their patients.
- Cambridge University Hospitals/East Anglia Regional Genetics Service
- Nottingham Department of Clinical Genetics
- Leicestershire Clinical Genetics Service
- Northwick Park/North West Thames Regional Genetics Service
- Great Ormond Street/North East Thames Regional Genetic Service
All of these services provide clinical support and genetic advice as required. In some cases, for examples where patients are pregnant or where predictive testing is necessary, someone from the clinical genetics team would see the patient.
It is important that clinicians are aware of the correct Clinical Genetics service to use; this helps to avoid referrals being sent to the wrong service.
Genomic tests ordered by clinicians who are seeing patients at NHS Trusts in the East Genomics region should be directed to an East GLH laboratory (Cambridge, Nottingham or Leicester).
Please note: for some clinical services close to the boundary of the East Genomics region, referrals for patients to see clinical genetics departments should follow your usual clinical pathway, which might be outside of the East Genomics area.
Services and (GP) postcodes in which referrals to clinical genetics departments should be sent outside of our catchment area
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Bedford Hospital and Luton and Dunstable Hospital; postcodes MK40-45 and L1 to L7) use North West Thames (Northwick Park) Clinical Genetics Service
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Lister Hospital; postcodes SG1-19, EN7, EN10, EN11, AL6-10, CM21 and CM23 use North West Thames (Northwick Park) Clinical Genetics Service
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
- Colchester Hospital; North Essex postcodes use GOSH Clinical Genetics Service
To aid the most appropriate Clinical Geneticist referrals, please do direct them to the right service listed above.