The services provided by East Genomics Laboratory Hub Cambridge site, Leicester site and the Nottingham site are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to ISO 15189:2012 standard.
Accreditation, for which we are reviewed annually, provides assurance that:
- we perform to the required standard
- clinical and administrative practices are delivered competently
- the resources, facilities and workforce are appropriate
- service delivery is patient-focused
- the performance of the service can be sustained
Schedules of accreditation
A small number of laboratory tests will be performed out of the scope of accreditation. These may be new services that are not yet fully accredited by UKAS but have undergone validation within the laboratory and are subject to ongoing internal quality control. There may also be instances where an accredited test is performed outside the scope of accreditation.