A FREE conference aimed at nurses and midwives - across a wide range of roles and from 'ward to board' - working in the East Midlands or East of England. The conference will outline how genomics and genetic testing is helping patients in the East Midlands and East of England, the crucial role nurses and midwives are playing in embedding genomics into routine NHS care, and the role of East GMSA in supporting all of this.
Are you a Chief Nurse or Midwife, Lead nurse, Educator, Clinical Nurse Specialist or nurse, midwife or AHP working in the NHS or Higher Education in the East Midlands or East of England?
Genomics is expanding rapidly as it moves from the margins to the mainstream; from niche to necessity. Nurses and midwives are key to driving this ambition forward.
Who should attend?
We want to engage nurses and midwives across a wide range of roles from 'ward to board' and beyond hospital boundaries. Our aim is to get everyone talking about genomics and its application in nursing and midwifery practice.
Why should you attend?
- Learn about the national strategy for genomics from the national Director of Nursing & Midwifery.
- Hear about the education programme and workforce planning to support large scale change.
- Hear from patients and their experiences of genomic testing.
- Learn from clinical nurse specialists and specialist midwives who use genomic testing in their patient pathways.
- Be part of the conversation - hear how genomics can be integrated into your patient pathway.
- Speak to leaders directing these changes and share your views - we want to hear from you! We can direct you to your local 'link' person or lead nurse for genomics.