We have an exciting opportunity for two GPs to support transformation of the health and care of patients and communities through a fast-changing national Genomic Medicine Service that will provide equitable and consistent access to services across the East GMSA geography.
The GP Leads of the GMSA will lead the work of mainstreaming genomics in the delivery of primary care. The GP Leads will be a part of the wider GMSA Leadership Team.
There will be 2 roles:
- Based in and covering the East Midlands geography: Partner Trusts Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH) and University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust (UHL)
- Based in and covering the East of England Geography: Partner Trusts Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH) and Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH)
About the role
We have allocated 2PAs / 2 sessions and will offer flexibility regarding the arrangement for the right candidates. Please do get in touch if you have any queries around this.
Main duties of the role and person specification are outlined in the job description which can be found here (opens in a new tab).
12 months with the option to extend.
About the East GMSA
- NHS England and Improvement (NHSE/I) has commissioned seven NHS Genomic Service Alliances (GMSAs) to embed genomic medicine across England.
- The East GMSA, covering the East Midlands and East of England, will have a major role in delivering the vision of the NHS Genomic Medicine Service (NHS England » NHS Genomic Medicine Service (opens in a new tab)) enabled by the rapid development of genomic technologies and piloted through the 100,000 Genomes Project.
- The East GMSA is aligned with the East Genomic Laboratory Hub (GLH East Genomic Laboratory Hub | East Genomics (opens in a new tab)) geography and will bring together NHS Trust providers and other organisations to deliver the following national priorities:
- Retaining and building patient and public trust in genomics
- Using genomics to improve health and care productivity, quality and efficiency
- Supporting the multi-professional workforce to use genomics safely, effectively and efficiently
- Maximising opportunities to facilitate and participate in genomic research and innovation
- The East GMSA is led by an Executive Board representative of the four NHS Trust GMSA Principal Partners that have direct responsibility for delivering the service:
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH)
- Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH)
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH)
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust (UHL)
How to apply
To submit an application for this role please send a summary of your CV along with a covering letter to Kerry Tucker, Medical Staffing, via email to Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly state “Application for GP Lead of the East Genomic Medicine Service Alliance (GMSA)” in the subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on Sunday 11 February 2024. Interview dates to follow.