This is an exciting opportunity to support transformation of the health and care of patients and communities through a fast-changing national Genomic Medicine Service that will provide equitable and consistent access to services across the East GMSA geography.
Working with the East GMSA Clinical Director, Pathology Lead, members of the East GMSA Management Board, and the Medical Director and Cancer Lead of the East Genomic Laboratory Hub (GLH) to set the strategic direction and lead all aspects of cancer related clinical activity of the East GMSA.
There will be 2 roles:
- Based in and covering the East Midlands geography (Partner Trusts Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH) and University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust (UHL)
- Based in and covering the East of England Geography (Partner Trusts Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH) and Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH)
- NHS England and Improvement (NHSE/I) has commissioned seven NHS Genomic Service Alliances (GMSAs) to embed genomic medicine across England.
- The East GMSA, covering the East Midlands and East of England, will have a major role in delivering the vision of the NHS Genomic Medicine Service (NHS England » NHS Genomic Medicine Service) enabled by the rapid development of genomic technologies and piloted through the 100,000 Genomes Project.
- The East GMSA is aligned with the East Genomic Laboratory Hub (GLH East Genomic Laboratory Hub | East Genomics) geography and will bring together NHS Trust providers and other organisations to deliver the following national priorities:
- Retaining and building patient and public trust in genomics
- Using genomics to improve health and care productivity, quality and efficiency
- Supporting the multi-professional workforce to use genomics safely, effectively and efficiently
- Maximising opportunities to facilitate and participate in genomic research and innovation
- The East GMSA is led by a Partnership Board representative of the four NHS Trust GMSA Principal Partners that have direct responsibility for delivering the service:
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH)
- Norfolk and Norwich Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NNUH)
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust (NUH)
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust (UHL)
Main duties of the role and person specification may be found in the attached job description.
Fixed Term secondment, 2Pas
For further information about this role please contact Dick Sandford, E GMSA Clinical Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), Emmanuel Ncube, E GMSA Strategy Director (Emmanuel.Ncube@nnuh.nhs.uk).
To submit an application for this role please send a summary of your CV along with a covering letter to Kerry Tucker, Medical Staffing, via email to Kerry.email@example.com Please clearly state “Application for Cancer Lead of the East Genomic Medicine Service Alliance (GMSA)/Medical Lead of the East Genomic Medicine Service Alliance (GMSA)” in the subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on 17th of September 2023, interview dates to follow.
The post will not be advertised on TRAC and will not have a job reference number.