Transformation of health and care through a fast changing national Genomic Medicine Service will be delivered through a programme of workforce transformation together with national and regional projects.
- United against prostate cancer
- Implementation of a regionwide Cloud based Pedigree and Phenotyping Tool (PhenoTips®) to support equitable delivery of genomic medicine and access to the NHS genomic test directory
- Workforce transformation in Paediatrics-pilot study to embed paediatric genomic practitioners in neonatal and paediatric intensive care and paediatric neurology. An evaluation study.
- Improving the identification and treatment of monogenic diabetes - useful information can be see here.
- Optimising and improving the clinical effectiveness of DPYD gene testing for patients with cancer
- Sudden Cardiac Death. To support the national British Heart Foundation (BHF) pilot scheme being carried out by linking directly into the broader infrastructure of the Inherited Cardiovascular Conditions units.
- Delivery of a comprehensive service for the detection of Lynch syndrome
- Embedding implementation of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) services in primary care
- Enabling Nurse Leaders to drive the strategic and systematic integration of genomics across nursing and midwifery practice in the NHS in England. A framework for Nurse Leaders to underpin transformation in identified clinical pathways
- Pathology transformation to support rapid cancer genomic diagnostics
Further information on each project will be added soon.